Resources for Parenting Survivors:
ACEs Too High – https://acestoohigh.com/
- learn about the Adverse Childhood Experiences Study
- Get your ACE score and find out what it means for you
ACEs Connections – http://www.acesconnection.com/
- ACEs Connection is a social network that accelerates the global movement toward recognizing the impact of adverse childhood experiences in shaping adult behavior and health, and reforming all communities and institutions — from schools to prisons to hospitals and churches — to help heal and develop resilience rather than to continue to traumatize already traumatized people. Go to Groups > Parenting with ACEs to be part of their parenting focused chats.
Beating Trauma – http://beatingtrauma.com/
- “Through my work as a writer, advocate, speaker and guide, I am helping survivors of childhood trauma move past the trauma and find new ways to uncover who they were meant to be, as individuals and as parents.” ~Elisabeth Cory
Drug Rehab.com – https://www.drugrehab.com/
- Provides information, resources, and treatment for people battling addiction and related conditions.
- Great overview of PTSD and the different types of PTSD here.
HealWriteNow – http://healwritenow.com/
- A resource rich in articles written by and/or for parenting survivors
Male Survivor – http://www.malesurvivor.org/index.php
- Support and resources for men who are survivors of sexual abuse/assault
The Mama Bear Effect – http://www.themamabeareffect.org
- An effective resource for talking to kids about body safety
Pandora’s Project http://pandys.org
- Support and Resources for survivors of sexual abuse
Parenting with PTSD Facebook Community – https://www.facebook.com/ParentingwPTSDbook/
- An online community created by editors Joyelle and Dawn, where parenting survivors can learn, connect, share and discuss parenthood.
PTSD Parent – http://ptsdparent.com/
Created by Parenting with PTSD contributing author Kelly Wilson. Educating, supporting, and inspiring all people living with PTSD in their homes and families.
Rachel Grant Coaching – http://rachelgrantcoaching.com/
- “My program, Beyond Surviving, has been specifically designed to change the way we think about and heal from abuse. Based on my educational training, study of neuroscience, and lessons learned from my own journey, I have successfully used this program since 2007 to help my clients break free from the past and move on with their lives.” ~Rachel Grant
**This list is an ongoing work. If you have a suggestion for an addition, please tell us about a resource you created, or one that has worked for you. Thank you!
Join the Parenting with PTSD newsletter to get your FREE book on release day!