Joyelle is a guest on the Parent Talk podcast today!
Episode: No. 22 – Parenting with PTSD
Guest(s): Joyelle Brandt, Co Editor of ‘Parenting with PTSD’.
Today Genevieve and Heather are welcoming Joyelle Brandt, Co Editor of ‘Parenting with PTSD’.
• Joyelle describes how to identify if you are possibly suffering from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).
• We talk about why when we become parents, those triggers come up and how is it different for Moms and Dads.
• Joyelle goes over why triggers can come up at different stages of parenting.
• She explains the 3 markers of trauma and common coping mechanisms.
• Joyelle shares the process of how the book came to be.
• She has some great advice for parents suffering from triggers from PTSD as well as for parents that may not be aware that they are suffering from PTSD.
And how to find the right Therapist that is trained and specialized in this area.
Listen to the full episode here: